Handling of Personal Information
Enacted March 1, 2012
Ad Japon, Inc.
1. Personal information protection policy
Our company conforms to laws and regulations as well as guidelines and standard practices concerning personal information, and we do our best to protect the personal information that we handle as part of our company activities.
2.Purposes for using personal information
(1) Usage purposes in cases where we directly acquire personal information on documents from the subject person (This includes documents and other media obtained via our webpage and email. Referred to below as “Documents.”)
|Customer information (including seminar participants and survey respondents)||Communications taking place as part of company operations (affiliate service administration, administration of various media and other related operations); distribution of email magazines; provision of information on new products, services and seminars; conducting of surveys; checking tasks for accounting audits; etc.|
|Information of entities with which we do business (including agencies)||Transaction reviews; order receipt/placement; invoice payment; operation communications; provision of information on new products, services and seminars; conducting of surveys; checking tasks for accounting audits; etc.|
|Job applicant information||Personnel recruiting activities (document reviews, interviews, evaluations, communications with applicants, etc.)|
|Employee information||Management of human resources, social insurance, and benefits, etc.|
(2) Usage purposes in cases where we directly acquire personal information from the subject person by means other than Documents
|Customer information||Confirmation of order content (call records)|
|Entry/exit information and video/audio recordings||Management of company security for crime prevention, disaster prevention, etc.|
(3) Personal information obtained in the providing of outsourcing services
|Customer information||Information processing services, member acquisition operations, campaign product delivery, etc., based on an outsourcing contract with the consigning company|
3. Provision and consignment of personal information to a third party
Customer personal information may be provided or consigned to a third party only in the cases below.
- (1) When our company’s subcontractor is to provide information or services in place of our company using direct mail, email, or other means.
- (2) When it is necessary for our company’s subcontractor to provide individual services (after-sales services, etc.) in place of our company.
- (3) When for the purpose of providing statistical information, we aggregate or analyze the personal information of individuals, process the information into a form in which the individuals cannot be distinguished or identified, and then disclose the statistical data.
- (4) When we are required to disclose the information in accordance with a law, regulation, or lawful request from a court or other government body.
- (5) When we have obtained the consent of the customer for some other designated purpose.
When all or part of our company’s operations are consigned to a subcontractor, we strictly manage the personal information of the customer by carefully selecting the subcontractor using the criteria that a management system enabling suitable protection of the personal information be in place and operating and by concluding a non-disclosure agreement with the subcontractor.
4. Personal information usage-purpose notification, disclosure, correction/deletion and usage/provision refusal right
The term “personal information subject to disclosure” refers to personal information that comprises aggregations of systematically structured information and to which our company holds rights enabling us to comply with all of the following requests from the subject person: notification of usage purpose; disclosure; content correction, addition, or deletion; usage halt; information deletion; and halting of provision to third parties.
For details on requesting disclosure or other actions, please see the 【Contact information】 at the bottom of this page.
- (1) Disclosure of personal information subject to disclosure
- Upon receiving the subject person’s request to disclose the personal information subject to disclosure, our company will disclose the corresponding information to the subject person without delay. If personal information enabling the identification of that person does not exist, we will notify the person of that fact.
However, in cases where the disclosure would result in any of the circumstances described in a) to c), we may be unable to disclose the information. At such time, we will notify the subject person of that fact and explain the reason.
- a) When there is a danger of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the subject person or a third party.
- b) When there is a danger of a significant hindrance to the proper performance of the operations of the subject business operator.
- c) When it would result in the violation of laws or regulations
- (2) Correction, addition, or deletion of personal information subject to disclosure
- When our company is requested to correct, add, or delete content of individual data fields of the personal information subject to disclosure for the reason that it was found to be not factual as a result of disclosure, we will without delay perform the necessary investigation, and based on the results of that investigation we will carry out the correction or other action with respect to the information subject to disclosure and then notify the subject person of the action taken (content correction, etc.) without delay.
- (3) Right to refuse the usage or provision of the personal information subject to disclosure
- When our company receives a request from the subject person to halt the usage of the personal information subject to disclosure or to delete or halt the provision to a third party of that information, we will comply with that request. When action has been taken, we will notify the subject person of the action without delay. However, in instances where the exception cases described in (1) a) to c) above apply, we will be unable to comply with the request. At such time, we will notify the subject person of that fact and explain the reason.
5. Obtaining information via methods that the relevant individual does not easily recognizes
Yahoo! JAPAN, Google, Criteo, Facebook
A user may access the opt-out page on the third party’s Web site and stop the third party from using cookies and other information for the purpose of displaying ads.
Cookies and mobile phone identification numbers (fixed identification numbers) are used to provide a more convenient browsing experience next time the relevant customer visits the company’s site. They do not infringe upon the customer’s privacy in any way, and will have no negative impact on the customer’s computer.
Sections of the company’s website that require customers to enter personal information use measures such as SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) data encryption system to ensure security. The company also has a strict policy of protecting information within the website, using measures such as firewalls. Please be aware however that, due to the nature of online communications, it is not possible to completely guarantee security.
6. The voluntary nature of the provision of personal information
The decision on whether to provide personal information to our company is left up to the discretion of the customer. However, if we do not receive the necessary data fields, there are cases where we cannot provide certain services in an appropriate manner.
- 【Contact information】
Inquiries concerning personal information are handled by the contact point specified below.
1-1-8 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo Japan